Warm up your flat – #AsktheAdvocate

Did you know...

That grants are available through Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes for ceiling and underfloor insulation for rental properties occupied by low-income tenants. Your landlord can get 50% off the cost of putting insulation into your flat? All you need is a community services card!

Up to 90% of students qualify for a Community Services Card. If you receive a student allowance you should have received a Community Services Card in the mail. Even if you do not receive a student allowance, you may still quality – it’s based off of your income – not your parents.

Apply for a Community Services Card

How to work with your landlord for a warmer flat

Option 1

Option 2

Ready to start the discussion with your landlord?

Use our email/letter template

Have questions? Contact VUWSA’s Advocacy Service