VUWSA appoints, trains, and supports student representatives on every faculty board of the University.
As student representatives on the governing body of their respective faculty, faculty delegates help make decisions that directly affect teaching and learning, research, and the student experience. Student representatives on faculty boards perform a vital role in ensuring that students have input and a strong voice when decisions that impact them are being made.
What does a faculty delegate do?
A faculty delegate:
- works with VUWSA to ensure students are heard at Faculty Boards and Faculty Academic Committees
- attends monthly pre-meets and meetings
- liaises with students in faculties on decision-making
- attends VUWSA Class Rep meetings
- Attends VUWSA's Student Academic Committee chaired by the Academic Vice President