Use our free advocacy service
We all need someone who can support us. Our advocacy service is informal, professional and confidential; 100% independent from the University, which means the advice we provide you will always be in your best interest.
Our advocacy service:
- is here to help you understand your options, rights and responsibilities
- coach you in constructive ways of raising an issue or complaint
- facilitate communication, mediate disputes, problem-solve
- assist you in appeal procedures
- prepare you for meetings and even attend them with you
- advocate on your behalf
- refer you to the best services to help
Have a problem? Our advocacy service can help
Our advocacy service helps students deal with academic and administrative problems; and general complaints.
Use our advocacy service when you:
- want to clarify your options, rights or responsibilities
- need to understand which policies or procedures apply to your situation
- feel you've been treated unfairly, or think a Victoria policy or rule has been applied poorly or unfairly to your situation or circumstance
- need someone to facilitate a problem between yourself and another member of the University community
- are appealing a grade or making another academic decision
- are seeking information or referrals about non-academic issues affecting your studies like employment dispute, finances and accommodation predicaments for example.
All students pay a levy to the Hardship Fund, which allocates money to financially troubled students through an application process.
Grants are decided via the Hardship Committee on a weekly basis after your appointment with a Student Financial Adviser. Successful applicants are notified on the next Wednesday after their appointment.
For more information:
- Visit: Student Finance in Room 103D, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Student Finance Advisers
Need help? Come and see me
Phone: 04 463 6984 or text 022 563 6984
Visit: VUWSA Reception, Level 4, Student Union Building, Kelburn Campus
If you can't meet at Kelburn, Erica can come to you at Pipitea or Te Aro campuses during work hours.